Annual General Meeting of the Eyot Centre
19:30, 14th September 2016 at the Centre
All Members and Friends of the Eyot Centre are hereby called to attend the Annual General Meeting of the Centre. We hope to see many of you there including parents and supporters of members under 18. It’s an important meeting in which members are elected to serve you on the management committee. The fees for the coming year are set and you will hear what has happened in the year 2016 and our hopes for the coming years.
Included with this notice is the Agenda as set out in the Centre’s constitution and you have your part to play in preparation for the meeting.
- A new committee is to be elected and we would like you to talk in your groups to identify candidates to serve in the coming year. There are six to eight meetings in a year held every six weeks or so with a gap in summer and the meetings last around an hour.
- It is important that new people are brought into the centre management committee, which allows long serving members to retire and still be around to support new serving committee members. Each section needs to ensure its sport is represented at the senior management level of the centre with at least two members per section.
- Please nominate candidates and submit their nominations in writing to the Secretary, Carolyn Lewisohn. The candidate, the nominee and seconder should sign. Nominations should be received by 7th September 2016. There are ten positions to be filled
- Chairman – Keith Walker is currently serving and is prepared to serve for a further year
- Vice chairman – Tom Crossland is currently serving and is prepared to serve for a further year.
- Hon secretary – Carolyn Lewisohn is currently serving and is retiring this year after holding the post for three years.
- Hon treasurer –Kevin Harkin is currently serving and is prepared to serve for a further year
- Six Ordinary members – We aim to have at least wo from each of the sections – Canoeing, Dragon boating and Duke of Edinburgh scheme – the current members are:
- John Whiting and Chris Bishop for Henley Canoe Club
- Richard Parham and Chris Fowler for the Henley Dragons.
- Ian Lankshear for Youth.
- Kevin Nutt for Duke of Edinburgh.
- In addition the committee has the power to Co-opt members and others to assist the committee in its work – These are not voted on.
- Pete Holloway is the centre manager and is a permanently appointed member of the centre management committee
Carolyn Lewisohn, Hon Secretary